It’s frosty outside and you have already decided to postpone your diet until the New Year, so why not whip up a festive treat to share with your loved ones (or just demolish alone during a Christmas movie marathon- we don’t judge!)
A white chocolate cheesecake is an all-star dessert. It’s a creamy classic that is light and luxurious, whilst still being indulgently rich. This dessert requires very little skill and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes, making it perfect for culinary novices or those needing to catch up on their Christmas shopping.
This cheesecake tastes divine and looks beautiful too. I’m hopeless and therefore went with a simple heart decoration- but I hereby challenge any readers to create a more festive design! A giant chocolate-button snowflake, anyone?
- 150g crushed digestive biscuits
- 40g melted butter
- 200g white chocolate buttons
- 300g vanilla cream cheese
- 150ml double cream
Serves: 6 Prep time: 15 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, crush the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs.
2) Melt the butter in microwave before pouring it onto the digestive crumbs. Mix until it resembles wet sand.
3) Press the mixture into a tin (I used a flan dish). Smooth it over with the back of a spoon, making sure that there are no cracks. Place in the fridge to set whilst you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
4) Melt the white chocolate using a bain-maire. Empty the majority of the buttons (save a few for decoration) into a glass bowl and place it over a pan of boiling water. Keep stirring and remove once melted.
5) Whisk the vanilla cream cheese and double cream together in a bowl. Then add the melted chocolate.
6) Smooth the cream mixture over the biscuit base and decorate your cheesecake using the leftover chocolate buttons. Then place it into the fridge to set overnight (or for only a few hours, if you’re super impatient like me!)
Thanks for reading ! I hope that your cheesecake is delicious and that your Christmas is merry. Let me know what your favourite festive bake is in the comment section below!
Lauren and Rachel xx